Requires at least WordPress v2.8.6 and tested up to WordPress v3.0.5.
This plugin allows you to add highly customisable forms that work with your Wordpress Theme to your website that allows non-registered users and/or subscribers (also configurable) to submit and edit posts and pages. New posts are kept in "draft" until an admin can publish them (also configurable). Likewise edits can be kept be automatically kept as revisions until an admin approves them. It can optionally use Akismet to check if submissions and contributions are spam. TDO Mini Forms can be used to create "outside-the-box" uses for Wordpress, from Contact Managers, Ad Managers, Collaborate Image Sites, Submit Links, etc.
0.13.9 is another compatibility fix for Wordpress 3.0. If you are running a Wordpress version prior to 3.0, you do not need to upgrade.
The plugin provides an extensive moderation view so administrators and editors can see posts and edits awaiting approval and publish or delete them. Administrators can also ban specific users and IPs from using the form. Administrators can also "Trust" specific users. This means that when they use the form, their posts are automatically published. This does not give them any other rights or permissions using the Wordpress software, it only affects usage of the form. This applies to user and IP bans as well. There is even an option to automatically trust users after so many approved submissions and edits.
Administrators can configure the forms using drag and drop "widgets". They are based on the same model as Wordpress' built-in Theme widgets and it is possible to write your own.
Registered users have access to a "Your Submissions" page which lists their current submissions and edits awaiting approval and links to their approved submissions.
- Submission and Editing of Posts and Pages
- Integration with the GeoMashup plugin
- Integration with Subcribe-to-Comments 2.1 plugin
- Integration with Akismet and reCaptcha to prevent Spam
- Highly customisable: Create your forms using a Widget interface and then hack it to make it work how you like!
- Create as many forms as you like.
- Import and Export form configurations
- Put a form in your sidebar using a widget for your Theme or put the form in a page or post.
- Submit posts with alternative permalinks (great for link sites)
- Simple Question and/or Image Captcha.
- Add Custom Fields to your Forms.
- QuickTags support for Forms.
- Upload Files and can be attached to posts. Uses Wordpress' core to create thumbnails if applicable.
- Submitters can be notified if post approved or rejected.
- Allow users to select category and tags.
- Ban users and IPs.
- Control what roles can access the form.
- Can automatically create a page with form for you.
- Can automatically modified author template tag with info about submitter.
- Can, optionally, automatically allow submissions to be published.
- Throttle number of submissions by user and/or IP
- Optionally queue publishing of posts
- Numerous widgets for your theme, including a list of the top submitters
- And many more...
For Installation, Screenshots, FAQ, Full Version History and Known Bugs, please check the included readme.txt or the WordPress.org page for the plugin.
For Support (and live demo), please see the Forums.
This plugin has been downloaded 170,153 times.